Sunday, November 23, 2008

Manifesting My Perfect Job or just a decent one?

I've been stressing a little lately about my current state of unemployment. When the end of employment insurance is looming in 6 short weeks into the future, that tends to happen to a person. I'm trying really hard to keep a positive, open mind about the situation. Whenever I start to stress and think negatively, I remind myself that my perfect job is on it's way to me now, and I am very thankful to have the opportunity to start anew after a long and much needed break. I have had the opportunity to do so many things, including nothing, if I want, in the last 7 months. I think that only comes along about once in a lifetime, so I am trying to remember to cherish and be thankful for the resting time. But, it is now time to get back in the game. Today, I was welcoming my next wonderful employment opportunity into my life, when lo and behold, I got a message that I had a friend request on Facebook. It was a lady, whose face was somewhat familiar, but whose name I did not recognize. It is my personal policy to only add as friends, people whom I personally know. So I sent her a message: "Hi, you look somewhat familiar and I see we have several friends in common, but I'm not sure if we know each other personally? My apologies if I've forgotten. It's been awhile since I worked at _____, which is where I see we have mutual friends." Well, it was indeed a lady I had worked with several years ago. I had left that particular department 8 years earlier, after having worked there for 4 years. I never worked closely with her, but I knew who she was. She had since divorced and remarried, which is why I didn't recognize her name. At any rate, she told me that she had moved on to a new company and was working with several people from our old department whom I also knew casually. I asked if they were hiring. and yes, yes they are! They are growing rapidly, in fact. I guess the fact that it's a company that specializes in bankruptcies might explain why! At any rate, she invited me to send her my resume, and seeing as she is the assistant to the VP, I figured that might be a good idea. Having some previous experience in the industry, as well as knowing some of the people there certainly can't hurt my chances! I'd probably start off in an entry level job, not making great money, but some money is better than no money, and they were recently rated the number 4 company to work for in Canada in the small and medium business category, so it sounds like the perks would be good, as well as the atmosphere. Here's to continued positive vibes and welcoming my perfect job to me, at the perfect place and time!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sending positive, abundant thoughts.

I sometimes find that writing down my desires helps me to manifest them.