Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Opposition Coalition Excitement

Well, it's exciting times up here in Canada in the political arena. The three opposition parties have formed a coalition and are set to take over for Stephen Harper's Conservative minority government, because they have proven that they are unfit to take action to lead this country for the good of the majority of working class Canadians. They have stalled on introducing an economic stimulus package that will keep people working and put people who are not working, back to work. Like ME! Because of our undemocratic voting system Harper won a minority goverment with less than 30% of the popular vote in October's federal election. Had we had a more fair and democratic proportional representation system in place he NEVER would have been elected! He has no business in that post in the first place, so I am very excited at the prospect of a coalition government by the opposition parties. I have sent letters to the Governor General Michaëlle Jean, to my local Member of Parliament, and voted in support of the coalition on every single online poll I can find. GO COALITION GO!

2 comments:

Maria said...

I tell my daughter that being politically active is one of the most important jobs that she will ever have.

Avril Fleur said...

She is very lucky to have a mother to teach her that at such a young age. I wish that I had been more politically aware when I was young. Instead of being so selfishly focused on just my life.