Thursday, April 16, 2009
The New Job
Started my new job yesterday and am loving it so far! It's a nice relaxed working environment for the most part. Lots of training but there is also lots of leeway for me to do things the way I want and make the job my own, which I love! But am I ever TIRED! I am walking back and forth to work for now, 40 minutes each way, which I love, but got to get used to the exercise again! My legs are hurting! A good kind of hurting though. My regular hours will be 5am to 10am Monday to Friday and 7-3 on Saturdays. I might be able to walk to work on Saturdays, if it's light enough out, but I ain't walking to work at 4am!! I'm trying to convince hubby to drive me to work so that I can walk home, by telling him that we will save $150/month on parking and gym fees. So far he's not buying it though. Not sure what to do about that. Oh well, it will all work out one way or another.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Victoria Stafford Update: I'm not sure what's going on today. She is still missing as far as anyone knows, but the police announced today that there will be some kind of update and news conference tomorrow at 10am. And the internet rumours on Facebook are going wild about an apparent sighting in a Tillsonburg drugstore, which is a town about 20 minutes from Woodstock. Here's hoping and praying that she has been found safe and sound, or at least that they have a more solid lead to work with.
If you look at the poster of her below, where she is wearing the scarf, does it not look like there is an orb of light in front of her, kind of like a camera flash? I like to think that it is a "spirit" orb or a angelic spirit hovering over her, protecting her and guiding her home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations on your new job and walking to work. Walking is the best exercise.
I have been very concerned about little Victoria Stafford, and I wondered why the police did not want the public's help. What did they know? And no Amber alert? What on earth was that all about!?
I am just astonished that children go missing in our country and we all don't know about it. This child didn't make the news in my area. A child is a child is a child. Worthy of ALL of our attention.
Jo, I have no doubt that they know far more than they are sharing, as they should. But I do believe there was some bungling of this case right from the beginning by not issuing an Amber Alert. Criteria be damned. Better safe than sorry and cancel it if it turns out to be a false alarm. You can undo a false alarm, but you can't go back into the past and issue it when it should have been done in the first place.
Congratulations on the new job!
I think that the police made a big mistake in assuming that Victoria was safe, just because she seemed to know the person she was with, and went voluntarily. We all learned in elementary school that strangers who abduct often go to great lengths to learn a child's name, to follow a child's habits, and will often pose as a friend of the family in order to earn a child's trust. It's true that we are warned to stay away from people like that, but when you're 8 years old, and unsure, it's all too easy to make a mistake.
Still lighting candles for her safe return.
Post a Comment