Tuesday, January 13, 2009
It was supposed to help, why do I feel worse?
So, hubby and I just got back from a week in Cuba this morning. We went with my parents. I love 'em, but God help me, I don't want to see them again for awhile. A little too much family togetherness for a week. I wish there had been other people with us for them to give their attention to.
It was a nice week. Relaxing. We didn't do much and never wanted or intended to. I just wanted to draw from the power of the sun and the ocean in order to gather strength to face the rest of the winter. But I'm feeling very...let down...tonight.
It's great to be home. The food at the resort sucked. Very bland and little variety. And so nice to get back to our wonderful comfy bed.
Today, I slept until 1pm, after going to bed at about 7am. Our flight got in at 2am last night, and by the time we got through customs and luggage pick up and the shuttle to the hotel where we had parked the car, it was about 3:30am. Then a snowy, yucky, kind of scary 2.5 hour drive down the highway to home. We got home about 6am.
After getting up I got some groceries and then tried to catch up on my email. Even unemployed, it's ridiculous how much email I had to go through. Only 1 callback from any of the dozens of places I'd applied to for jobs before we left, and it was a rejection.
Back to the job search.
I. Am. Just. So. Tired. Of. It. All.
I am sick of hearing negativity and bad news and people being crap to each other. I'm tired of all the hate and despair. And I'm tired of all this damn snow!!
I'm just plain tired.
I hate feeling like this. It's not my normal positive, happy, grateful self. Even in the face of bad things I'm usually pretty good at finding the positive. Not today. Just kind of teary and depressed tonight.
Got to get in a good night's sleep tonight and try for a better frame of mind tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment