Friday, January 23, 2009

Trailer Park Boys!

For Christmas my sister and her husband bought everyone in our family (8 adults) tickets to see a live show based on this Canadian cable TV show tonight in her city, about an hour west of Toronto. It was their "Community Service" tour and was an absolute blast! These guys are a Canadian icon, especially for Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. My husband, being originally from the Maritimes got us hooked on their cable TV show. It is most assuredly filled with *adult* content and the whole premise is that they are lovable, but jobless losers, always trying to come up with the next get-rich-quick scheme in the trailer park they have all lived in all of their lives, so that they will have enough money to buy their own trailers and get *drunk and high* as much as possible. As you can imagine, hijinks ensue...but inevitably, they end up going to jail at the end of every season. Although it was a great night of raunchy comedy, I was stunned and horrified to hear a little girl's voice chirp up in the seat behind me. Some IDIOT PARENTS must have decided they couldn't afford a babysitter tonight, because they brought their young daughter, who could not have been more than 8 or 9, to the show with them. I was disgusted beyond belief. I couldn't even believe she'd been allowed into the show. I mean, come on people, seriously....?????

1 comment:

Maria said...

The art of parenting just escapes some of us....