Wednesday, January 14, 2009
A Little Better
Feeling a little better today. Not a lot. Not back to normal. But a little. I went to a "Mommy & Me" movie at one of our city theatre's today with my friend Carrie and her 3 mth old baby Emma. We saw Marley and Me, which while sad, reminded me that life is a series of ups and downs. Right now I'm in a down. But I will go up again. It's inevitable. It's the cycle of life. It's all good.
I looked into some career training that the provincial government is offering right now. I've resisted thus far because I absolutely HATE HATE HATE the thought of the government and some small-minded civil servant deciding my fate and having their nose in every aspect of my personal life. I've heard that it is a difficult program where they make you jump through hoops and go through reams of red tape and pretty much make you beg before you can be "approved" by the almighty civil servant to be worthy of receiving funding. Sounds lovely eh? But I've heard it's gotten better and that they've recently lifted some of the restrictions. We shall see.
It just burns my butt that I have worked steadily for the past 20 years, paid into the system, been responsible, and now am made to feel like some lower life form because I am unemployed THROUGH NO FAULT OF MY OWN! I didn't quit. I wasn't fired. I was a good employee. I was never written up. My supervisors liked me. There just wasn't any work, for me or the other 600 people who got laid off. Twist of fate. It doesn't make me a lower class of person.
I guess this is probably a lesson from the universe for me to learn to be less judgmental of others myself. I think it is a very valuable lesson to learn.
I will have to ponder that for awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry that you're feeling down, and that it's taken you so long to find work.
I know that when you're depressed, it's hard to see the good, or visualize something better. But, what are your dreams? Where do you really want to be right now? I think that we're sometimes given challenges in order to teach and strengthen us.
Of course, when I'm depressed and someone says something like that to me, I usually respond by saying "HA!" and then I go back to feeling down, so feel free to disregard if you wish.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I agree with you. Yes, it's hard to see the positive side when you're down or appreciate that there might be a good lesson to be learned. But it's been dawning on me that I've been up for so long now that there needed to be an inevitable down period. I don't think it will be a "bad" down time or a long one. It will make me really appreciate the good when life cycles back up.
Post a Comment